All at Cavendish Community Primary School are committed to the health and well- being of our pupils. As a staff, we understand how a broad and inclusive provision benefits individuals and the school in general; our approach to Physical Education focuses very much on the holistic child. We strive for excellence in performance whilst recognising every child’s achievements will be different. We also celebrate the creativity, commitment, leadership and analytical skills of our children; skills we look to develop through our curriculum and extra-curricular offer.
PE enables children to learn confidence, perseverance, team spirit and organisation. We believe that children must engage in a programme of P.E that encourages fitness, improves their strength, suppleness, stamina and teaches those rules of games and an understanding of how to perform to an audience. This allows pupils to gain a sense of achievement and develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others.
· To be physically active and find enjoyment in physical activity.
· To acquire and develop a variety of physical skills to promote a healthy lifestyle and posture.
· To suggest how one’s own performance and that of others can be improved and find a sense of achievement and fulfilment.
· To acquire knowledge and understanding of fitness and health.
· To provide opportunities for our pupils to lead through PE
· To understand the need for safe practice in physical activities for self and equipment.
· To develop spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness through competitive and co-operative activities.