SCIENCE VISION AND INTENT
Excellent science lessons at Cavendish Primary School will create a love of science, enthuse children and make learning fun and memorable. Children will be inspired to be curious, to ask scientific questions, and to be excited about the world around them.
- Children will experience all five scientific enquiries: observation, testing, research, classifying and identifying and pattern seeking.
- Children will become scientists in the classroom, enabling them to develop an understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science to help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- Children will develop a range of skills through the working scientifically strand of the curriculum: measuring, analysing, presenting and reasoning, and to use a range of equipment accurately and safely through hands on investigations and observations.
- Children will use an increasing scientific vocabulary and language of science as they progress through the school.
- Children will aspire to potential careers in science, through learning about the work of scientists and how they can make a difference to others.