At Cavendish Community Primary School, our overall aim is to ‘Create brilliant citizens.’ Through our Religious Education curriculum we aim:
- To prepare our pupils for active citizenship in a diverse and rapidly changing world whilst exploring aspects of British values in relation to other principal religions and non-religious beliefs.
- To create thoughtful members of a plural society, with the aim of promoting cohesion, understanding and respect towards the diverse religion and non-religious, beliefs, values, traditions and world views within our school community and beyond.
- To promote pupils critical thinking, and deepen their understanding and subject specific knowledge relating to key principle religions within Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism and Humanism.
- To enable pupils to become articulate, literate and informed about different religions and beliefs
- To promote cognitive spiritual, moral, social and cultural development for all pupils at Cavendish.