Our Pupil Premium allocation for 2017-18 is £207,540. (Indicative amount for 2018-19 is £204,792) The money will be directed towards closing the gap in attainment between those children eligible for pupil premium and those who are not. The main barriers identified are their relatively low starting points in language and numeracy compared to their peers and their rate of progress as they move through school. The following strategies will be employed:
- 1:1 tutoring in maths
- Introduction of a system whereby reading books are delivered to children's homes for them to read
- Trial of small group reading sessions after school
- Work with Ngage mentoring service to support pupil mental well-being
- Numbers Count
- EAL support for international new arrivals who are also eligible for Pupil Premium
- Additional teaching support for booster classes
- Delivery of interventions across school
- Provision of after school activities and childcare
- Subsidies to support school trip payments
The effectivenes of these strategies will be reviewed by the Pupil Premium leader, headteacher and deputy headteacher on 10/07/2018. Findings will be fed back to the governing body in the autumn term meeting 2018.
The files below provides an outline of what Pupil Premium is and how we go about using this funding to maximise the potential of our children and to close the gaps in attainment that exist between groups of children at Cavendish.